Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do It Yourself Febreze



I am obsessed with smells.  I have admitted this a HUNDRED times over.  I was able to experience what life is like without being able to smell when I was pregnant with my son.   Instead of having a heightened sense like MOST women...I lost mine completely by my third trimester.  It came back after I had him, but I was genuinely concerned for a while. 

As I mentioned in my first post, we are fixing up a VERY old farmhouse that was built by my husband's great-great-grandparents.  I love the charming appeal of our little country home, but I have zero appreciation for the way an older home smells.  Scent is the strongest connection to memory and I want my husband and child to have the memory of our little home smelling clean and possibly like freshly baked goods. 

To create this "memory" I have enlisted the help of Febreze on more than one occasion.  Unfortunately, by the time you give your home the shower is so desperately deserves, you have almost used an ENTIRE average bottle in one use.  We are on a tight budget.  I cannot possibly give my Febreze/scent addiction the attention is deserves with results like that.  So as soon as I found a "Do It Yourself" Febreze recipe I literally jumped up and made it that very moment.  I am happy to say that (in my opinion) this recipe is even BETTER than the store bought version.  AND it's MUCH cheaper. The total cost: FOURTEEN CENTS!!  OH YEAH! I changed phones, so unfortunately I don't have pictures.  I used an old Febreze bottle to put my mixture in.  ENJOY!


1/8 Cup of Your Favorite Fabric Softener
2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot Tap Water - To Fill the Bottle to the Top

Shake up your spray bottle and get to spraying!!



No comments:

Post a Comment